Vinification : de-stemming of the harvest and crushing, then cold maceration for five days to maximise extraction of aromas. Alcoholic and malo-lactic fermentations are carried out in vats with temperature regulation. The length of vatting at high temperature and final hot maceration varies between 18 and 30 days, according to the vat, in order to maximise concentration and optimise balance.
Tasting notes :
- 2020 vintage : This bright garnet coloured vintage reveals a gourmet nose, with small riped black fruits and sweet spices notes. This elegant and balanced wine with slightly roasted tannins offers a creamy aspect, with a tasty juicy and concentrated fruit on the palate. Beautiful structure and an excellent ageing potential for this cuvee.
- 2019 Vintage: This bright, garnet coloured wine, expresses a fruity nose of black cherry and blackberry with spicy notes. In mouth, the structure of the wine is plaisant. It mixes charm and vivaciousness and goes to a fresh and spicy long finish. This well balanced vintage will perfectly go with guinea fowl stuffed with ceps or with a triple-cream cheese. An excellent ageing potential.
- 2018 vintage : This garnet coloured vintage offers a black fruit bouquet made from scents of blueberry and cherry, which moves on with toasted and spicy notes ( black pepper).
The wine has a concentrated and generous mouth feel while remaining structured by silky tannins. This fleshy vintage keeps the freshness and the ripeness of the fruit.
It has a long finish and a good ageing potential.
- 2017 vintage : An elegant vintage with a bright garnet colour, which offers a nose of black fruits ( black cherry and blackberry). In mouth, it is round and juicy, with structuring tannins, raising up roasted and slightly wooded notes. This cuvee has a long finish and a good ageing potential.
- 2016 vintage : A vintage rich in color with a very expressive fresh nose of small black fruits (cherry, blackcurrant) and accents of pepper and liquorice. This cuvee is full-bodied and offers soften tannins, with slightly roasted notes. The finish is tonic. Fine structure and an excellent ageing potential.
Vineyard and soil : the soil consists of dry gravels and the subsoil is clay-silt and gravel with traces of the iron oxide called ‘crasse de fer’.
Area : 12 ha
Vineyard management : the vineyard is cultivated using a mixture of traditional and modern methods with separate management of each parcel: ploughing, inter row grassing on the one hand, mechanical leaf thinning and green harvesting on the other.
Grape varieties :
72% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc and 3% Malbec